For all job openings please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com to apply.
Molalla River Academy Charter School is seeking substitutes for our Licensed Teachers and Associates.
7th/8th Grade Science and Math Teacher
Molalla River Academy Charter School is seeking a full time 7th/8th grade Science and Math teacher starting in Fall 2021. MRA is an arts and science K-8 charter school that provides students with an exceptional and unique educational experience. MRA offers specialized teaching, utilizing thematic curriculum and project-based learning with high standards for academic achievement. Applicants must have a current Oregon Teaching Certificate and must be highly qualified to teach Elementary Students.
The ideal candidate for this position:
• Has experience with project based learning and thematic instruction.
• Has experience with written reports and rubric grading.
• Is capable of adjusting the curriculum to meet the needs of students with a wide range of skills and abilities.
• Has an understanding of the common core and is able to address the standards in a way that provides relevance to the students and allows for deeper thinking.
• Has at least 1 year experience working in an educational setting.
• Enjoys working with and educating seventh and eighth grade students.
• Has strong listening and speaking skills.
• Is able to observe all students and maintain discipline in all classes.
• Takes direction well.
• Is professional in communicating with others including staff and parents.
• Is flexible and contributes to goals with enthusiasm.
• Works well with others and enjoys and appreciates teacher collaboration.
This is a full-time salaried position. It includes required staff meetings and various trainings. These dates/times will be announced well in advance to accommodate schedules.
To learn more about our school, please visit: molallariveracademy.com
This position will remain open until filled. Please e-mail the below information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Submit a cover e-mail addressing why this position at MRA appeals to you and why you would be a good fit for our team.
2. Submit current resume highlighting the essential functions of this position.
3. Submit three letters of recommendation.